The game caught my interest because of all the stuff it comes, tiles to make your dungeons, miniatures for your monsters and characters, cards, tokens, and more. The only negative is it lacks bags or some way to organize everything. I ended up using freezer bags for the tiles and miniatures and Ziploc bags for the smaller pieces. This game is pretty heavy so bend those knees, not your back when your picking it up.
![]() |
| Practice proper lifting with this game. |
I'll talk about Descent lightly in this post and explain more of the technical rules as our campaign goes on. unlike most games, the players work together to defeat the bad guy, called the Overlord, which is played by one lucky person. The players complete a number of quests to gain strength to ultimately defeat the Overlord and win the game, if they fail, the Overlord player wins.
For our campaign, I play as the Overlord. My brother, sister, sister-in-law, and girlfriend ( same people from my Smallworld post) are playing as the heroes for our run through. I took the role as the Overlord because I'm just more familiar with the game than the rest of the players and i find joy in crushing peoples plans with surprise spike traps and enraged monsters.What I really like about these games is how every player has their certain role of the group. For example, someone tries to protect the group from damage, so the more fragile "glass cannon" kind of players can deal lots of damage while in a safe position. In other words, the group of heroes must work together as a team be completely effective.
My job as the overlord player is to be as much as a prick as possible by playing traps, attacking the players with my monster minions, and getting in the way of their objectives.
![]() |
| Chance of table flipping: Inevitable% |



No comments:
Post a Comment